You guys know how much we love whipping up healthy, delicious treats that nourish you with every bite!
There seriously is nothing easier than preparing a raw dessert – you will be amazed at how simple they truly are to make! All you need on hand is organic ingredients, a powerful food processor/blender and a little bit of patience (soaking the cashews and setting the tarts in the freezer!).
This recipe is gluten free, grain free and refined sugar free. This means not only are these Raw Passionfruit & Vanilla Tarts free of preservatives and artificial flavours, they also enhance your diet with healthy oils, minerals, and vitamins. How good is that!
Passionate for Passionfruit
It’s about time we featured one of our favourite summer fruits … passionfruit! To us, it is the essence of summer! Passionfruit is an exotic fruit that is available all year round, but we just LOVE eating it in the warmer months.
Fun facts about passionfruit:
- Boosts immune function: This is due to the presence of vitamin C and carotene, which acts as antioxidants. This helps netralise free radicals in the body and stimualate the activity of white blood cells
- Rich in Vitamin A: This helps reduce the signs of premature ageing and even helps improve eyesight
- Aids your digestion: Passionfruits are a very strong source of fibre and fibre is what helps faciltate the digestion of food
- Reduces Blood Pressure: This is from the high level of potassium found in passionfruits
These delicious tarts feature a gooey date and almond base, creamy cashew vanilla middle, topped off with a tangy sweet passionfruit top!
We know you are going to LOVE these bite-sized morsels of summer love!!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup of dates, pitted
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder
- 3 fresh passionfruit's
- 1 tbs honey
- *Adjust the level of honey to your taste
- Using a Food processor, blend all of the base ingredients together.The mixture will form a sticky dough like consistency.
- Press the base into a silicon mini muffin tray, Press the mixture right up the sides to form a 'shell'
- Blend together in the food processor until the mixture is smooth. This can take up to 5 minutes depending in the strength of your food processor.
- Pour filling into each muffin over the base, and fill almost to the top
- Pop in the freezer to set for 2 hours
- Scoop the flesh of the passionfruits out and heat over a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the honey and gently stir into the passionfruit.
- Keep on the heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the Passionfruit topping has cooled, spread a teaspoon of the passionfruit topping over each individual tart. Allow to set for another hour.
- Pop each tart out of the silicon mold, taking care when removing them.
- Thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
We also have a free Facebook group called Paleo Dessert Lovers, where we share dessert recipes from all over. Come and join the fun!
Nourishing Your Essence – always!
Matt and Nat